Upon starting Paleo, I came across this book Practical Paleo and I can say its almost my bible. It has such great information about foods in the beginning followed by fairly easy paleo recipes. Oh, and there’s even various monthly meal plans set up which is a great outline for me to plan my week out. Here is a link to the website run by author Diane Sanfilippo and it has some of the great resources that are mentioned in the book. I’ve been using this book for dinner recipes such as Ground Turkey Lettuce Cups and Mustard Glazed Chicken Thighs.
I decided to try one of the pancake recipes for breakfast, even though its 90 degrees, 100% humidity, and no where close to fall – I love me some pumpkin! I just couldn’t get enough of my pancake fix from yesterday’s breakfast, so I followed this recipe:
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree (Farmer’s Market makes a great organic boxed puree)
- optional: 1-2 Tbsp of coconut flour (I didn’t put in the optional coconut flour so mine came out a bit more runny. Wil definitely try adding it next time around)
- 2 tablespoons butter or coconut oil, melted
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- optional: 2 tablespoons honey or maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- pinch salt
Makes 2 servings or 8 small pancakes but I halved the recipe for a single serving.
I sprinkled with some cinnamon and chopped pecans and devoured them immediately. So good! I can’t imagine how delicious this will be in the fall with fresh pumpkin puree.