I received a package of Caveman Cookies yesterday to sample the product. These cookies are all natural & gluten-free, dairy-free and most importantly chewy & delicious! The ingredients made of berries, nuts, and honey make it the perfect paleo snack.
They come individually packed and each one is around 60-75 calories in each cookie, depending on the flavor.
They come in 5 different flavors:
- Original (honey, almond meal, walnuts, raisins, ginger, nutmeg, cinnamon) – Not too huge on the nutmeg/ginger flavor which stands out a bit more.
- New World (maple syrup, honey, almond meal, pecan meal, dried cranberries (cranberries, apple juice concentrate, sunflower oil), pumpkin seeds, spices) – Big fan of this one. The flavors go great together, and love the added crunch from the pumpkin seeds.
- Tropical (almond meal, honey, unsulfured coconut, macadamia nuts, ginger) – Probably my favorite. Love the coconut taste.
- Rainforest (honey, almond meal, brazil nut meal, chopped almonds, dried cherries (cherries, sunflower oil), nutmeg, cayenne pepper) – Really like the dried cherries in this. Goes great with the crunch from the chopped almonds (something about the crunch with the chewiness really speaks to me). Big fan of this as well.
- Alpine (honey, hazelnut meal, almond meal, toasted ground carob) – It was tasty, but the dried fruit in the others one appealed more to me than this flavor.
These cookies are sold on the website in boxes of 8 cookies ($6.25), packs of 3 (24 cookies – $17.95), or cases of 12 boxes which is 96 cookies ($67.50). Also individual flavors come in sample sizes of 3 cookies for $2.85. The price isn’t too bad in comparison with the other paleo snacks on the market – (those bars get expensive!)
They’re a great on-the-go snack and are perfectly portioned controlled in individual packets (exactly what I need or I would eat the whole box). It’s size is pretty deceiving because they are pretty filling. I sampled these cookies post workout and was so full that all I had for lunch was a fruit salad. I will definitely be ordering some more tropical cookies for those busy days.