Accidentally bought waaay too many apples at the grocery store this weekend. I got a little too overexcited, I guess. Also, terrifying moment of my life that occurred at the grocery store right afterwards – I placed my wallet in the baby seat of the shopping cart and consciously reminded myself to take it. I get to the parking lot, place my groceries in the trunk, leave the cart there and head home. In my driveway, I realize my wallets left in the parking lot in the cart!! So I’m panicking, racing back, and thank god the cart was left untouched in the same spot with my wallet. Just thought I’d share a very terrifying moment of my life this weekend. Other than that, hope everyone else’s weekends were fantastic!
So back to the apples – I decided to make apple muffins to start depleting my apple overload. I really love Juli’s recipes from PaleOMG. They’re so practical and most of the time she uses ingredients that one would have. Since her blueberry muffins turned out amazing, I decided to try out the apple muffins. I made them for breakfast but they certainly can be dessert as well.
- 1 apple, cored and diced
- 1 cup almond flour/meal
- 3 tablespoons coconut flour
- 3 eggs, whisked
- ¼ cup coconut oil, melted
- 2 tablespoons raw honey
- 1 heaping tablespoon cinnamon (the more the better)
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Add almond flour, coconut flour, cinnamon, baking soda and salt to large bowl, mix together.
- Then add your eggs, oil, honey, and diced apples.
- Mix thoroughly.
- Place silicone liners in muffin tins, then place batter evenly throughout. The mix gave me 9 muffins.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes.
- Let cool. Then eat them.
Recipe courtesy of Juli from PaleOMG, which can be found here.
I’m really starting to get over this no grain idea with these delicious muffin recipes!